Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

As the Holiday Hullabaloo begins, and before we shove Thanksgiving out of the way for the Christmas season, I had a few thoughts I wanted to share tonight before the madness starts tomorrow! I love the time between Thanksgiving and our Saviors birth. It is my favorite time of year. Not for the commercial consumerism, but for the beauty that God shows us through this season, both in nature and in our hearts. I love the fall leaves and their beautiful colors, the crisp mornings, the smells of holiday baking. It reminds me to be ever thankful to have a Heavenly Father, who cared enough about me to give me all of these wonderful things to see, and touch and smell. I am reminded of the blessings that are my children, as they run and play in the fall afternoons, or as we bake together, share a good book and snuggle up with a nice cup of hot cocoa. I love seeing my children's hearts grow in their love of the Lord. We are by far not perfect, but that they understand that God can and does use us anyway, is a treasure beyond any gift I could receive. So as we all lay our weary and turkey filled bodies down to sleep, and before the shopping frenzy of tomorrow starts, let us be thankful that God loved us so much, he gave us His son, so one day we could be with Him. This is what we celebrate and why this season is so beautiful!

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

May God bless you, and my you be truly listening to receive what He has in store for you in this season of thankfulness ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment