Thursday, February 21, 2013

Let It Snow, Let it Snow, Let It Snow!!

 We finally got snow!  Well, more like snow, ice pellets and more snow.  The kids hurried through their school today so they could go out and play.  I snapped a shot of Ryan, who I thought was shoveling the back walk.  All of a sudden Alec pops out of the pile.  I have no idea what bargin was made between these two brothers so that Ry could bury him in the snow.  I am sure I'll hear about it later ;-)



 Here is my Jack, ready to go sledding!
He said he felt like Randy from A Christmas Story with all the layers!
Alec, Jack and Josiah are spraying their sleds with cooking spray and letting it freeze on their sleds so they can go really fast down the already steep hill!  No limbs were broken in the making of this fun!!
 
 
Ryan and the boys built an igloo and Alec and Josiah are determined to sleep in it tonight.  They each have several sleeping bags, about 4 layers of clothing and tarps.  To their credit, their igloo is actually very snug and warm.  I told them I'd leave the back light on to the basement door incase they got to cold to hack it!  Oh to have the enthusiam of youth going for you!!  Tune in tomorrow to see if they actually make it!  Tomorrow will be another early school day for us so we can meet friends to go sledding at the big hill in town!  I LOVE the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment